Salvaging materials from demolition and remodeling projects
Milwaukee Habitat’s experienced and insured Deconstruction Services crew salvages reusable items from residential and commercial buildings, saving you time and money. We give items a second life, reselling them to fund Milwaukee Habitat’s mission of building decent, affordable homes in partnership with families in need.
Traditional Demo Costs
- $2000-3000 Demolition Cost
- $400 Dumpster Cost
- Items destroyed
- Items end up in local landfills
- No tax Benefit
- No community benefit
Deconstruction with Habitat
- Flat $250 Fee
- $0 Dumpster Cost
- Items carefully salvaged
- Items diverted from local landfills
- Tax-deductible donation receipt provided
- Your donation will help build safe, affordable homes in Milwaukee
- Salvaged Items Are Tax Deductible
- Less Waste Removal Cost
- $250 Donation Fee For Entire Crew
- Most Projects Completed Within 1 Day
- Free No-Hassle Assessments
- Itemized Donation Receipt Provided
Items we salvage:
- Wood Floors
Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity ReStore's Deconstruction Services salvages a kitchen cabinetry set from a home that's being remodeled. Instead of this cabinet set being thrown in the dump, it will be resold at Habitat ReStore, raising money for safe, affordable housing!
Prior to the demolition of five buildings on the Marquette University campus in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Marquette and Mortenson Construction partnered with Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity to salvage and deconstruct a wide variety of elements within the buildings.
In total, the Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity team volunteered 300 hours to salvage seven tons of material including: 164 chairs, 64 plastic waste baskets, 100's of shelves tables, and filing cabinets, 25 metal radiator covers, and a wooden boat among hundreds of other items!